Digital Cities - Glasgow
Responding to the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy Realising Scotland’s full potential in a Digital World launch, FutureScots’s pioneering Digital Cities seminar series creates a timely environment of open discussion to illustrate the innovative strategies Glasgow City Council is adopting – but also examine what still needs to be done - to create a culture and environment of reform and ensure all Glasgow's citizens are skilled, confident, secure and included.
Using NESTA’s City Initiatives for Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CITIE), The Scotland Analysis report and the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy as the foundations of this innovative seminar series, FutureScot and partners will review latest initiatives and solutions and discuss how Glasgow City Council, Central Government, wider public sector, commercial and third sector organisations are working together to provide solutions needed to boost the digital environment and in turn tGlasgow's economy.
Digital is transforming the way we live. It is connecting us faster than ever before while putting more power into the hands of service users. There is a huge opportunity here and now to ensure that people, businesses and organisations across Scotland, are given the tools and skills they need to harness this potential.
Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution
• Discover the latest innovations and learn how new technologies are being put to use in Glasgow
• Connect with Glasgow City Council decision-makers and Central Government policy formers, as well as leaders of change in digital infrastructure
• Engage in keynote panel and round table discussions with digital city specialists
• Quiz Glasgow / regional and national experts and discuss the latest solutions to common challenges.
• Influence: outcomes of each event will be featured in a full report both on FutureScot.com and in The Times Scotland.
Who should attend?
• Local Authority IT Managers / Infrastructure Managers
• Policymakers and Regulators
• IT Infrastructure Developers
• Private Sector
• Enterprise Agency Representatives
• City Chambers Representatives / Members
• IT skills agencies / providers
• Housing Association Managers
• Third and Voluntary Sector Managers
Please note places are limited and early registration is required
14 September 2017 IET: Teacher Building, 14 St Enoch Square Glasgow - G1 4DB United Kingdom
FutureScot Digital Cities - Glasgow
- The FutureScot newsletter lands in your inbox twice a week and allows you to stay up to speed on Scotland's digital… https://t.co/kq4EsWCoie
- LAST CHANCE to book your ticket for this week's EduTech 2018 conference in Glasgow! https://t.co/LGaHxs4CUv pic.twitter.com/YVpFtfqeSz
- Delighted to welcome Cat Macaulay @operanomad to speak at #DigitalScotland18! Free to attend for Local & Central Go… https://t.co/Aflvoc8Xyn
- Four #DigitalCities18 events done and ONE to go! Don't forget to register to attend Digital Cities 2018: Aberdeen &… https://t.co/SHizVolgII
- Stephen Ingledew of FinTechScotland was a huge success at our Digital Cities 2018 event in Edinburgh and we are de… https://t.co/ULzUhGgTgS