Digital Cities - Dundee and Perth
FutureScots’s pioneering Digital Cities seminar series comes hot on the heels of the Scottish Government's recently-refreshed 'A Digital Strategy for Scotland'.
The revamped national strategy places a clear focus on catalysing communities of talent across Scotland's major cities, and how to develop and grow our nationwide digital assets.
This half-day event, hosted in Dundee, creates a timely environment of open discussion to illustrate the innovative strategies Dundee and Perth are both adopting on their road to digitalisation.
Crucially, they examine what still needs to be done - to create a culture and environment of reform and ensure all citizens are skilled, confident, secure and included.
Digital Cities 2017 will reflect on NESTA’s City Initiatives for Technology, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (CITIE), The Scotland Analysis report and the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy as part of a wider discussion about the fast-moving digital policy landscape.
FutureScot and partners will review latest initiatives and solutions and discuss how the Scottish Government, Dundee City Council and Perth and Kinross Council, wider public sector, commercial and third sector organisations are working together to provide solutions needed to boost the digital environment and in turn our regional and national economies.
Digital is transforming the way we live. It is connecting us faster than ever before while putting more power into the hands of service users. There is a huge opportunity here and now to ensure that people, businesses and organisations across Scotland, are given the tools and skills they need to harness this potential.
Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution
• Discover the latest innovations and learn how new technologies are being put to use in Dundee and Perth
• Connect with Central Government and Dundee City Council and Perth & Kinross Council decision-makers and policy formers, as well as leaders of change in digital infrastructure
• Engage in keynote panel discussions with digital city specialists
• Quiz regional and national experts and discuss the latest solutions to common challenges.
• Influence: outcomes of each event will be featured in a full report both on FutureScot.com and in The Times Scotland.
Who should attend?
• Local Authority IT Managers / Infrastructure Managers
• Policymakers and Regulators
• IT Infrastructure Developers
• Private Sector
• Enterprise Agency Representatives
• City Chambers Representatives / Members
• IT skills agencies / providers
• Housing Association Managers
• Third and Voluntary Sector Managers
Please note places are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.
01 June 2017 Marryat Hall Dundee Dundee City Square Dundee - DD1 3BB United Kingdom
FutureScot Digital Cities - Dundee & Perth
- 25 May 2017
- 06 June 2017
- 07 June 2017
- 08 June 2017
- 09 June 2017
- 15 June 2017
- 02 October 2017
- 14 June 2017
- 13 June 2017
- Hackers exploited Word flaw for months while Microsoft investigated https://t.co/om9xLdVQUY pic.twitter.com/cFES98LQAO
- Not sure what to wear? Look, Amazon’s algorithms may help https://t.co/Q1CeDj83TV pic.twitter.com/NARQwccO2i
- Cyber extortion demands surge as victims keep paying, says security firm https://t.co/6QXI0RvlrN pic.twitter.com/r2bZG1xfy3
- .@Apple launching series of educational sessions next month in its 495 stores worldwide. https://t.co/wifIcxKp7p
- We’re going to #DigitalCities2017 this summer - Are you? Get your ticket today for only £49: https://t.co/px4Acg3UTJ